What could be better than a refreshing cocktail at the end of a long, hard day? Some cocktails can look ridiculously complicated, but there are several simple – and delicious – CBD cocktails that you can make for yourself. Ready to try some? Then read on!
Why Add CBD to Your Cocktails?
People have been enjoying CBD in many different ways ever since it burst onto the scene a few years ago, and it has many potential benefits. For example, some people feel that it helps them to relax, while others say that it helps to soothe stiff muscles. While more research is needed into the benefits of CBD, more people than ever are trying it.
Now you can get CBD food, CBD e-liquid, CBD skincare products – it’s everywhere! One of the great things about CBD oil is that it is so versatile, and that’s why many people are now adding it to their drinks. For example, CBD smoothies are delicious and easy to make. But if you want something with a bit more kick, try CBD cocktails.
This allows you to enjoy all of the benefits of CBD while enjoying a delicious cocktail at the same time. It doesn’t get better than that!
What You Need to Know About Using CBD in Cocktails
When it comes to CBD cocktail recipes, it’s important to use high-quality CBD products from a trusted manufacturer. Ideally, that means products that are tested by third-party labs so you know exactly what goes into the CBD.
CBD oils often come with a dropper, meaning you can quickly and easily add a few drops into your cocktail. How much should you add? That comes down to personal choice and why you are using CBD in the first place. It’s best to start with a small amount and build up until you are getting the right amount of CBD for your needs.
Once you’re ready to give CBD cocktails a go, here are 7 delicious recipes to try today.
1. CBD Julep
This CBD Julep cocktail recipe comes from Goop. It’s a stiff cocktail based on whisky that’s perfect for enjoying at the end of a hard day. It’s refreshing and incredibly easy to make.
2 ½ oz bourbon whisky
½ oz simple syrup (one part water, one part sugar)
8 mint leaves (plus extra leaves for the garnish)
CBD tincture (15mg)
1. Mix the leaves and the simple syrup in a pre-chilled julep cup.
2. Pour in the bourbon whisky.
3. Add some pebble ice on top.
4. Mix it up, then add some more ice.
5. Garnish with the extra mint leaves
2. CBD Moscow Mule
Enjoy the earthy taste of CBD along with the fresh burst of ginger and citrus. It’s a refreshing and lively cocktail that’s perfect for a little lunchtime drink. Thanks to Liquor.com for this recipe.
2 oz of vodka
1 oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
2g CBD isolate
½ cup sugar
Mint sprig and lime wedge to garnish
1. To make the CBD and ginger syrup, boil ½ cup of water in a saucepan, add ½ cup sugar and stir.
2. When dissolved, add a small stem of ginger and the CBD isolate. Simmer for 30 minutes, then leave to cool and strain into a jar.
3. Fill a pre-chilled copper mug with ice.
4. Add in the vodka, the CBD and ginger syrup and lime juice, and stir.
3. Pour in the ginger beer.
4. Garnish with the lime wedge and mint sprig.
3. CBD Infused Hibiscus Peach Cocktail
Thanks to Plvntfood for this tasty CBD cocktail. This fruity and summery drink is a great option for those summer evenings relaxing after work.
To make the hibiscus tea:
2 cups water
½ cup sugar
½ cup loose leaf hibiscus tea
To make the cocktail:
2 oz vodka
1 ¼ oz peach juice
2 tsps pineapple juice
½ oz hibiscus tea (see above)
Mint sprigs and peach slices for garnish
Peach slices for serving
To make the hibiscus team, boil the water, add the tea and boil for 5 minutes.
Strain the tea, add the sugar and dissolve.
Chill until cold.
To make the cocktail, mix the tea, vodka, peach juice and pineapple juice in a glass.
Add ice and garnish with a peach slice and mint sprig.
Add CBD oil according to taste.
4. Fresh Peach Bellini Freeze with CBD
Make It Grateful is to thank for this delicious cocktail. Like peaches? You’ll love this! Fruity, refreshing and delicious, it’s also relatively easy to make.
1 oz peach schnapps
2 frozen peaches
20mg CBD oil
6 oz sparkling wine
Mix the peach schnapps, frozen peaches and CBD oil into a blender along with a few ice cubes.
Pulse a few times.
Add the sparkling wine and grenadine.
Puree until the mixture is smooth.
Pour into a glass and serve.
5. CBD Gin & Tonic
Ah, the classic G&T. It doesn’t get much easier than this. And the earthy notes of the CBD add an extra special twist.
1 ½ oz gin
3 ½ oz tonic water
Lemon wedge to garnish
1. Mix the gin, tonic water and ice together in a glass.
2. Garnish with the lemon wedge
3. Add the CBD oil to float on top.
4. Serve immediately.
6. CBD Dirty Martini
Liquor.com provides us with a fantastically tasty cocktail in this CBD Dirty Martini.
2 oz gin
½ oz vermouth
½ oz green olive cocktail brine
Pinch of fresh black pepper, cracked
Green olive and more cracked pepper for garnish
1. Add all the ingredients together into a mixing glass.
2. Add ice to the glass and stir until the mixture is chilled.
3. Strain into a pre-chilled coupe glass.
4. Garnish with the green olive and black pepper.
5. Add a few drops of CBD oil according to your preferences.
7. CBD Lavender Lemon Cocktail
Tasty.co provides us with this delicious recipe. It’s a bit more involved because you have to make the lavender syrup first, but we can promise you it’s well worth it!
Ingredients (makes 2 cocktails):
For the Lavender Syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp dried lavender
For the cocktail:
1 cup ice
4 oz gin
2 sprigs rosemary
4 tbsp lemon juice
1. To make the lavender syrup, add the water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and add the lavender, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, leave for 10 minutes, and strain into a jar. Leave to cool.
4. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the rosemary, gin, lemon juice, 4 tbsp of lavender syrup, and a few drops of CBD oil according to your preferences.
5. Shake for a minute.
6. Strain into chilled glasses and garnish with lemon peel.
Try Them Yourself!
These delicious and refreshing CBD cocktail recipes are easy for anyone to make, so try them yourself at home. You’ll be enjoying all the benefits of CBD while also enjoying a delicious cocktail that you can be proud of at the same time.